Public computers are available for library patrons to reserve on a first-come-first-serve basis.
We take reservations in person at our loans counter. Come to our desk, give us your name, and we will assign you an available computer. Please note that different computers have different printing capabilities, so make sure to let us know if you will need to print, and if those prints will be in color.
As always, the Library will continue to offer free color printing limited to 10 pages per day. There is a $.05 fee per printed page after the first 10.
Lantana Public Library has free Wi-Fi. Users need to have laptops, iPADs, etc. with a wireless internet modem/ethernet connection. Ask for the password at our counter.
The Library now has electrical outlets available for public use and to charge laptops or other devices at the Power Bar area.
Our faxing services are currently unavailable, but will be active again after our move.
Here are our Computer Use Rules (Amended Jan. 9, 2020) :
1. Users may reserve one-hour sessions in person at the Library counter.
2. Reserved sessions begin on the hour and may not exceed one hour. If no one is waiting to use a workstation, a session may be extended until another user is waiting/has a reservation.
3. Printing is free for all ages. Printing more than 10 pages per day requires payment of a $.05 per page fee.
4. Only one person may use a workstation at the same time.
5. Library staff may assist users briefly but cannot provide extensive instruction.
6. Parents, not Library staff, must monitor their children’s Internet use.
7. No one may use the Library’s computers for illegal purposes or those prohibited by the Library’s Internet Access Policy.
8. Users must refrain from disturbing other users.
9. Library staff will terminate any Internet or computer session which contravenes these rules or the Library’s Internet Access Policy.
10. Persons who persist in failure to abide by these rules and/or the Library’s Internet Access Policy will lose all Internet and workstation use.