AS OF January, 2020, public computers are now available by RESERVATION ONLY UP TO three (3) days in advance and one (1) hour use periods.
We shall take reservations by phone at 561-540-5740, or in person at our loans counter.
As always, the Library will continue to offer free color printing limited to 10 pages per day.
Lantana Public Library has free Wi-Fi. Users need to have laptops, iPADs, etc. with a wireless internet modem/ethernet connection. Ask for the password at our counter.
The Library now has electrical outlets available for public use and to charge laptops or other devices at the Power Bar area.
The Library offers free faxing inside the USA. See the loans counter for more information.
Here are our Computer Use Rules (Amended Jan. 9, 2020):
1. Users may reserve one-hour sessions in person at the Library counter or by telephone up to 3 (THREE) days in advance.
2. Reserved sessions begin on the hour and may not exceed one hour. If no one is waiting to use a workstation, a session may be extended until another user is waiting/has a reservation.
3. Printing is free for all ages. Printing more than 10 pages per day requires the approval of the Library Director or her nominee.
4. Only one person may use a workstation at the same time.
5. Library staff may assist users briefly but cannot provide extensive instruction.
6. Parents, not Library staff, must monitor their children’s Internet use.
7. No one may use the Library’s computers for illegal purposes or those prohibited by the Library’s Internet Access Policy.
8. Users must refrain from disturbing other users.
9. Library staff will terminate any Internet or computer session which contravenes these rules or the Library’s Internet Access Policy.
10. Persons who persist in failure to abide by these rules and/or the Library’s Internet Access Policy will lose all Internet and workstation use.